Sahara Fund was a collective investment scheme that was launched in 2008 by Sahara India Pariwar. The scheme promised investors high returns, but it eventually collapsed in 2012. In the aftermath of the collapse, Sahara was ordered by the Supreme Court of India to refund the money to investors.
The Sahara Refund Portal was created to facilitate the refund process. The portal allows investors to register their claims and track the status of their refunds. As of March 2023, Sahara has refunded over Rs. 20,000 crore to investors through the portal.
However, there are still a large number of investors who have not received their refunds. These investors are facing a number of challenges, including:
- The refund process is slow and cumbersome.
- Sahara is facing financial difficulties, which could impact the ability to make refunds.
- Investors are not clear about their rights and what they can do if they do not receive their refunds.
If you are an investor in Sahara Fund, it is important to be aware of the challenges involved in the refund process. You should also be familiar with your rights and what you can do if you do not receive your refund.
Here are some tips for investors who are seeking refunds from Sahara:
- Register your claim on the Sahara Refund Portal as soon as possible.
- Keep track of the status of your claim through the portal.
- Be patient. The refund process can take some time.
- If you have any questions, contact the Sahara Refund Portal customer support team.
- You can also file a complaint with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) if you are not satisfied with the refund process.
How to Register on the Sahara Refund Portal
The Sahara Refund Portal is a website that was created to help investors who have invested in Sahara Group’s collective investment schemes. The portal allows investors to register their claims for refunds and to track the status of their refunds.
If you are an investor in a Sahara Group collective investment scheme, you can register on the Sahara Refund Portal by following these steps:
- Go to the Sahara Refund Portal website at https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in/.
- Click on the “Depositor Registration” tab.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the mobile number that is linked to your Aadhaar card.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone. Enter the OTP in the field provided.
- Click on the “Verify” button.
- You will be registered on the Sahara Refund Portal.
Once you have registered on the Sahara Refund Portal, you can log in and apply for a refund. To log in, you will need to enter your Aadhaar number and the mobile number that is linked to your Aadhaar card.
To apply for a refund, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your PAN number (if your claim amount is Rs.50,000/- or above)
- Your Sahara Group collective investment scheme number
- The amount of your investment
- Your bank account details
You can also upload scanned copies of your investment documents, such as your Sahara Group collective investment scheme certificate or passbook.
Once you have submitted your refund application, you will be able to track the status of your application on the Sahara Refund Portal website.
The Sahara Refund Portal is a convenient way for investors to register their claims for refunds and to track the status of their refunds. If you are an investor in a Sahara Group collective investment scheme, I encourage you to register on the Sahara Refund Portal and to apply for a refund.
Here are some additional tips for registering on the Sahara Refund Portal:
- Make sure that you have your Aadhaar number and your mobile number handy.
- Double-check your information before you submit your registration form.
- Keep track of your registration ID and password.
- You can contact the Sahara Refund Portal customer support team if you have any questions.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
The Sahara Fund saga is a cautionary tale about the dangers of investing in collective investment schemes. Investors should always do their due diligence before investing in any scheme, and they should be prepared to lose their entire investment.
If you are considering investing in a collective investment scheme, it is important to research the scheme carefully and to understand the risks involved. You should also speak to a financial advisor to get their advice.